Monday, November 3, 2008

My 1st time at vet clinic

Date : 1 Nov 2008

Time : 9.30 am - 6++ pm

Venue : Muezza Vet Clinic at Nilai ( Clinic Owner : Dr Zul ) 

People Involved : Me, Bung, Annas, Dr Zaiton, Kak Anna 

Story : I woke up that morning about 7.30am, as usual called to wake up Beruk but then this Beruk woke up early to watch CSI..sia-sia je I called. Next time pretend that you just woke up also ya. Woke up so early in saturday morning, just because I am going to work in clinic today. So happy and exicted, the night before that I already get ready with my labcoat and all the stuffs I wanted to bring and even decided what to wear also. hehe~ The clinic belongs to Bung's dad, Dr Zul and Dr Zaiton is work under him there.  

I always though Dr Zaiton is a male, rupa-rupanya is a female..The name didnt sound like female to me, but more to a male's name. Anyway, she is a very friendly Dr. I have fun learning from her. Me, Bung, Annas..three of us help Dr Zaitun as assistant since Dr Zul is in vacation, so she needs a lot of help. The customers were non- stop that morning, thats why we have been busy untill 2 pm, only get to rest and lunch. Anyway, we had a busy evening also~ I managed to take some photos but not much since we were really busy and I also feel it is not necessary to take photos all the time. So, I just share some of the cases we encounted during that day.

1st case : A pak cik brought 2 female cats for spaying. This was one of the cat that was going to spay. She was in unconscious state  even though her eyes were widely opened. So lucky that we got the chance to see how the spaying surgery being handled. The whole process of spaying a female cat only taken 15 minutes. Then, the owner can straight away bring the cat back. Before the surgery started, I had the nervous feeling. Once the surgery started, the feeling gone, so I think it wont be a problem to me and I can do that also. 

Look at this kitten~ It looks like a sphynx, but it is not. We just doing shearing on all the six kittens that severely infected by fungus. So, it looks like this after all its long hair being sheared away. 

Same kitten but it was after we applied the iodine all over its body. Orange color all over the body~ 

The six kittens just now with their mother. They are only 1 month old and look at their mom, a pretty cat, aint it? The mother didnt get vaccinated, thats why the new borned kitten get infected by fungus easily since the mother might immune to the same disease, but the young do not. Poor orangie little things~~ 

This is sponge bob. Being admitted for one week already. Involved in an accident but luckily only his face was injured. He can walk properly, no internal bleeding and no hematoma. Just the lower jaw of him was dislocated and his upper palate was clefted. He cannot eat at all, therefore we need to give him water drip. Feeling heart broken when I saw him with lesion on his mouth area and a senget jaw. *sob2~* 

Our last case on that day, this is Sentul (Not really know the correct alphabets for his name.). He is in unconscious state as well and his owner said that he cannot urinate. We suspected blockage in the urinary tract. 

To check it, Dr Zaiton inserted the cathether into the penis of Sentul. Encountered problem when inserting the cathether because the blockage is at the end of urethra. According to Dr Zaiton, in this kind of situation, normally need more than an hour to insert the cathether. Poor cat~  

Beside the above cases, I also became the international worker there as what Bung said. There was a family which just came from China, transfered their 3 months old Golden Retriever here. The pup needs quarantine for 7 days, but since the pup was not feeling well and refused to eat. They brought it here together with the MasKargo people and their Malaysian friends as their translator. Anyway, since they cant speak English and Malay, so no choice, I have to translate for them and they felt a relive to find somebody there that can speak mandarin. Luckily, every procedure of treatment went smoothly and they were very satisfied with our services. The golden pup named Q, very cute and good temperament. He slept on the treatment table when I am holding him and comforting him. That has make me fall in love with Q. Hope he will be alright and go back home with his owner soon. 

The whole day at clinic, we got lot of different cases that gave us chances to learn and practice a lot. I guess I am doing ok there. Dr Zaiton was asking us to come again next saturday and sunday to help her. Really appreciate this chance and thanks a lot to my dear friend, sneezing a lots Bung cause willing to let us to work and learn in his dad clinic. A lot of fun working together~ so, it was a very enjoyable experience. Together with Bung and Annas is always fun. 

We ended our day eating satay and kueh tiew as dinner at somewhere that I dont know..That satay uncle wearing the motorcycle helmet when bakar satay..funny. 

*The End.*

2 comments:

33 said...

h@h@..my d3@r..u wr0t3 d@ p0$t lik3 u @r3 pr3$3nting d@ $m@ll @nim@l c@$3$..w3ll,it'$ @ g00d thing u pr@ctic3 n0w..k33p it up $w33ti3 ^__^

BBQmichiyo said...

hihi..no intention to do that at 1st, but come out like dis~ coz we r vet to be~